Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ClickOnce Installer Giving Error & Crashing!

SeidleroniSeidleroni Posts: 7Member
I have a fairly complicated program that I am deploying using the 'ClickOnce' deployment. I have put the installer on a CD as well as the 'dotnetfx.exe' file to install the Microsoft Framework 2.0.

The dotnetfx.exe was run on a Windows XP machine, and installed, and at the end of it, the computer was not asked to reboot, which was odd to me, but I dont know if it matters.

After that, the installer 'setup.exe' was run, and it seemed to install the program, because it created the icon in the start --> programs, and created an entry in the add/remove programs. However, after it installed, it gave an error and the whole 'do you want to send the report to microsoft, yada yada yada'. Its unclear if the error came from the installer or the actual program when it starts up after installation. I assume its from the actual program, because if I start it on the PC, it gives me the 'send report, dont send report' error.

However, I can install it on a few other PC's and it works great and without any problems.

Has anyone else run across this problem before? I restarted the PC, but that didnt help or do anything.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Does anyone have any suggestsions?

Thanks

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2006-12-11 15:18:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a fairly complicated program that I am deploying using the 'ClickOnce' deployment. I have put the installer on a CD as well as the 'dotnetfx.exe' file to install the Microsoft Framework 2.0.
    :
    : The dotnetfx.exe was run on a Windows XP machine, and installed, and at the end of it, the computer was not asked to reboot, which was odd to me, but I dont know if it matters.
    :
    : After that, the installer 'setup.exe' was run, and it seemed to install the program, because it created the icon in the start --> programs, and created an entry in the add/remove programs. However, after it installed, it gave an error and the whole 'do you want to send the report to microsoft, yada yada yada'. Its unclear if the error came from the installer or the actual program when it starts up after installation. I assume its from the actual program, because if I start it on the PC, it gives me the 'send report, dont send report' error.
    :
    : However, I can install it on a few other PC's and it works great and without any problems.
    :
    : Has anyone else run across this problem before? I restarted the PC, but that didnt help or do anything.
    :
    : Has anyone run into this problem before? Does anyone have any suggestsions?
    :
    : Thanks

Hi,

1) Check the amount of memory on the PC giving errors.

2) Check amount of HardDrive space is okay on target machine.

3) Un-install using Add/Remove Programs from CONTROL PANEL and have another go.

Regards,

Dr M.
  • rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    You can run the MSI from the command line and there are options for a log file which can set on verbose to get a much detailed description of the install process and what is failing (you may need the msiexec from the platform sdk to do this). I have gotten the best help for installer issues at the microsoft newsgroup, hard to find good help on it.

~rlc