Openning Forms - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Openning Forms

RicardoFurtadoRicardoFurtado Posts: 205Member
I'm trying to open a form from inside another form, and the problem is that i can't open the form unless i open it as modal.
If i use the menus of an MDI form, that has its IsMDIContainer set to true, i can open as many child forms as i want, but i'm trying to open a child of the Mdi form, from inside another child of the MDI form.
The code i'm using, to try to open the form, is this:

Dim frmMyForm As New frmImageCapture

frmMyForm.MdiParent = Me
frmMyForm.Show()

but once i this code doesn't work, i'm openning it as modal:

Dim frmMyForm As New frmImageCapture

frmMyForm.ShowDialog(MDIGestCeph)

Is something wrong with the first code? How can i open an mdi child form from inside another mdi child form? has it anything to do with .Net Security?

My thanks in advanced

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : I'm trying to open a form from inside another form, and the problem is that i can't open the form unless i open it as modal.
    : If i use the menus of an MDI form, that has its IsMDIContainer set to true, i can open as many child forms as i want, but i'm trying to open a child of the Mdi form, from inside another child of the MDI form.
    : The code i'm using, to try to open the form, is this:
    :
    : Dim frmMyForm As New frmImageCapture
    :
    : frmMyForm.MdiParent = Me
    : frmMyForm.Show()
    :
    :
    :
    : but once i this code doesn't work, i'm openning it as modal:
    :
    : Dim frmMyForm As New frmImageCapture
    :
    : frmMyForm.ShowDialog(MDIGestCeph)
    :
    :
    : Is something wrong with the first code? How can i open an mdi child form from inside another mdi child form? has it anything to do with .Net Security?
    :
    : My thanks in advanced
    :
    Hi,
    do you have Me.IsMdiContainer = True?

I've created Form1, set IsMdiContainer=True, created Form2 and wrote
    [code]
    Private Sub frmMain_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim f2 As New Form2
    f2.MdiParent = Me
    f2.Show()
    Dim f3 As New Form2
    f3.MdiParent = Me
    f3.Show()[/code] and Form1 appeared, with two child form inside of it.. is this what you desired?

Hope this helps

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]