Running another application from main app. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Running another application from main app.

jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
[b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-9 20:26:54[/red][/b][hr]
I have a Master application that I'm working on and another application formly VB6 now converted to 2005. I have tried to incorporate it into the '05' app but "no go" so I'm running it externally. The problem is when I select it, it initalizes in minimize mode. And any user would have to be on the look out for it and click on it to use it. Can someone help. Following is the code I'm using to run the program.

Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe")

Thank anyway everyone:

I just needed to look a closer
process.start(("c:payrollProject1.exe")

did it......

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-9 20:26:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a Master application that I'm working on and another application formly VB6 now converted to 2005. I have tried to incorporate it into the '05' app but "no go" so I'm running it externally. The problem is when I select it, it initalizes in minimize mode. And any user would have to be on the look out for it and click on it to use it. Can someone help. Following is the code I'm using to run the program.
    :
    : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    :
    : Thank anyway everyone:
    :
    : I just needed to look a closer
    : process.start(("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    :
    : did it......
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    I'm not sure, if your problem is solved from your post, but if not, try

Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-11 20:35:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-9 20:26:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I have a Master application that I'm working on and another application formly VB6 now converted to 2005. I have tried to incorporate it into the '05' app but "no go" so I'm running it externally. The problem is when I select it, it initalizes in minimize mode. And any user would have to be on the look out for it and click on it to use it. Can someone help. Following is the code I'm using to run the program.
    : :
    : : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : Thank anyway everyone:
    : : I just needed to look a closer
    : : process.start(("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : did it......
    : Hi,
    : I'm not sure, if your problem is solved from your post, but if not, try
    :
    : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    :
    I had solved the problem but just for the old college try I will test this out.. always looking for new ways to do things. and it works maybe even better than process.start() because of the property choices... Thanks....

• rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-11 20:35:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-9 20:26:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I have a Master application that I'm working on and another application formly VB6 now converted to 2005. I have tried to incorporate it into the '05' app but "no go" so I'm running it externally. The problem is when I select it, it initalizes in minimize mode. And any user would have to be on the look out for it and click on it to use it. Can someone help. Following is the code I'm using to run the program.
    : : :
    : : : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : : Thank anyway everyone:
    : : : I just needed to look a closer
    : : : process.start(("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : : did it......
    : : Hi,
    : : I'm not sure, if your problem is solved from your post, but if not, try
    : : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)
    : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : I had solved the problem but just for the old college try I will test this out.. always looking for new ways to do things. and it works maybe even better than process.start() because of the property choices... Thanks....
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Been a while since I looked but you can alter the property types with process method as well. I believe you have to create a ProcessInfo object(or similar name don't remember for sure) and set the properties before you start it.

~rlc
  • jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-11 20:35:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-9 20:26:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I have a Master application that I'm working on and another application formly VB6 now converted to 2005. I have tried to incorporate it into the '05' app but "no go" so I'm running it externally. The problem is when I select it, it initalizes in minimize mode. And any user would have to be on the look out for it and click on it to use it. Can someone help. Following is the code I'm using to run the program.
    : : : :
    : : : : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : : : Thank anyway everyone:
    : : : : I just needed to look a closer
    : : : : process.start(("c:payrollProject1.exe")
    : : : : did it......
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I'm not sure, if your problem is solved from your post, but if not, try
    : : : Shell("c:payrollProject1.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)
    : : : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    : : : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    : : I had solved the problem but just for the old college try I will test this out.. always looking for new ways to do things. and it works maybe even better than process.start() because of the property choices... Thanks....
    :
    : Been a while since I looked but you can alter the property types with process method as well. I believe you have to create a ProcessInfo object(or similar name don't remember for sure) and set the properties before you start it.
    :
    : ~rlc
    :
    rlc, I will test your out. one of the problems that I had too much info on the process and it was over-kill, when I simpilfied it it worked first time no problem. Thanks again there are so many projects (with timetables) before me that I finding time to test is not easy. Each reply to my question was helpful and needed. I have no programmers around me at the present to query as I am retired but my old jod has asked me to come back parttime so I'll hopefully have contact with some of the guys learning newer methods and different things. I am a quick study, give me a sample and I build on it....Thanks again all