Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is Java good for games?

Hi all, I'm a beginner programmer. All I know is Liberty Basic lol. My goal is to build a puzzle game, somewhat similar to Pandora's box, although much much simpler. I've been messing around with Java for a couple days and kindof like it, but before I start this project, I wanted to ask you all if I'd be better off using a different language. I noticed someone earlier recommend C++ for making games. Does anyone know if Java would work very well for making a puzzle game, or should I try something else? I've been toying around with the idea of VB too, but I know nothing about it. Thank you all for any insight you share. :)

Comments

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!

: Hi all, I'm a beginner programmer. All I know is Liberty Basic lol. My goal is to build a puzzle game, somewhat similar to Pandora's box, although much much simpler. I've been messing around with Java for a couple days and kindof like it, but before I start this project, I wanted to ask you all if I'd be better off using a different language. I noticed someone earlier recommend C++ for making games. Does anyone know if Java would work very well for making a puzzle game, or should I try something else? I've been toying around with the idea of VB too, but I know nothing about it. Thank you all for any insight you share. :)
    :

• jackricejackrice Posts: 2Member
    Sweet, Thank you for your insight. Do you happen to know if visual basic would be very good?

: Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!
    :

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    For a puzzle game it should be fine. I haven't used visual basic myself, but as much as I have heard.

: Sweet, Thank you for your insight. Do you happen to know if visual basic would be very good?
    :
    : : Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!
    : :
    :
    :

• simion314simion314 Posts: 39Member
    I just wantt to mention that you should read something about programing games. To create a good game you must use the oop(object oriented programing),i sugest to use c# it is nicer then visual basic and looks like java. Look for tutorials on the web!!!
    simion314