Is Java good for games? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is Java good for games?

Hi all, I'm a beginner programmer. All I know is Liberty Basic lol. My goal is to build a puzzle game, somewhat similar to Pandora's box, although much much simpler. I've been messing around with Java for a couple days and kindof like it, but before I start this project, I wanted to ask you all if I'd be better off using a different language. I noticed someone earlier recommend C++ for making games. Does anyone know if Java would work very well for making a puzzle game, or should I try something else? I've been toying around with the idea of VB too, but I know nothing about it. Thank you all for any insight you share. :)

Comments

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!

: Hi all, I'm a beginner programmer. All I know is Liberty Basic lol. My goal is to build a puzzle game, somewhat similar to Pandora's box, although much much simpler. I've been messing around with Java for a couple days and kindof like it, but before I start this project, I wanted to ask you all if I'd be better off using a different language. I noticed someone earlier recommend C++ for making games. Does anyone know if Java would work very well for making a puzzle game, or should I try something else? I've been toying around with the idea of VB too, but I know nothing about it. Thank you all for any insight you share. :)
    :

• jackricejackrice Posts: 2Member
    Sweet, Thank you for your insight. Do you happen to know if visual basic would be very good?

: Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!
    :

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    For a puzzle game it should be fine. I haven't used visual basic myself, but as much as I have heard.

: Sweet, Thank you for your insight. Do you happen to know if visual basic would be very good?
    :
    : : Java is perfectly fine for making a puzzle game. If you kindof like it, go for it. If you would want 3D environments that require a lot of processing power, then you should consider using C++. Other than that good luck with Java!
    : :
    :
    :

• simion314simion314 Posts: 39Member
    I just wantt to mention that you should read something about programing games. To create a good game you must use the oop(object oriented programing),i sugest to use c# it is nicer then visual basic and looks like java. Look for tutorials on the web!!!
    simion314