Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help Needed With Assignement

hoopssshoopsss Posts: 1Member
My problem is this

The item sales staff also manually calculate how many items and what the total cost of all items sold is over a day. To do this, they itemize each item on paper and add up the total number of items. They check through the file to check through the to check the totals of each item, write all these down on a paper ledger and manually add all the totals up to calculate the totals sales. They would like an interface with one calculation button and one label or text box for out put. This leads the user down a very rigid path where inputs are only allowed via an input box. The calculation button will invoke a input box which successively asks for enter a product price, to stop, enter a negative number or press cancel the title of the box will be enter price for item number x (where x = either number 1 or number 2 etc) when a negative number or the cancel button is pressed a second input box will appear. This states enter the quantity sold for the item priced at x pounds (where x = the price of the item entered by the user in the first input box). The title of this input box will simply be enter quantity if the user does not enter a quantity and tries to escape from this second input box, a message will appear stating quantity sold must been entered as a positive number
Tip to do this a do loop with a nested do loop must be used

I am completelky lost with the input boxes only taking the informtion in

can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2006-12-6 15:46:7[/red][/b][hr]

: My problem is this
    :
    : The item sales staff also manually calculate how many items and what the total cost of all items sold is over a day. To do this, they itemize each item on paper and add up the total number of items. They check through the file to check through the to check the totals of each item, write all these down on a paper ledger and manually add all the totals up to calculate the totals sales. They would like an interface with one calculation button and one label or text box for out put. This leads the user down a very rigid path where inputs are only allowed via an input box. The calculation button will invoke a input box which successively asks for enter a product price, to stop, enter a negative number or press cancel the title of the box will be enter price for item number x (where x = either number 1 or number 2 etc) when a negative number or the cancel button is pressed a second input box will appear. This states enter the quantity sold for the item priced at x pounds (where x = the price of the item entered by the user in the first input box). The title of this input box will simply be enter quantity if the user does not enter a quantity and tries to escape from this second input box, a message will appear stating quantity sold must been entered as a positive number
    : Tip to do this a do loop with a nested do loop must be used
    :
    : I am completelky lost with the input boxes only taking the informtion in
    :
    : can anyone help me with this?

Hi,

[code]
    Dim myValue As Integer
    myValue=InputBox([b][blue]"Prompt string of your inputBox here."[/blue],[red]"TitleBar String of your InputBox here."[/red][/b])
    [/code]

Good luck with the rest of the assignment.
    [b] you can omit either or both strings as long as you do.>>

myValue=InputBox()
    [/b]
    Hope that helps? ;-)
    Try>>
    [code]
    Dim quantity As Integer[green]
    'You will need some code in here.[/green]
    quantity=InputBox("Enter a quantity please.","Quantity please.")
    [green]'continue your code to check the value here.[/green]
    [/code]

Regards,

Dr M.