Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Devices in the registry?

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
[b][red]This message was edited by Sephiroth at 2006-12-4 16:23:26[/red][/b][hr]
Alright, I need to create a drop-down list of communication devices installed in a system, such as a NIC or a modem. Once the user selects one, I need to get the device ID that the registry uses to store info about it. For example, my NIC is stored in the key:
[code]
HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesTcpipParametersInterfaces{A7F0E1C1-A332-4E80-8BD5-9CFA3C31C883}
[/code]
Now, I need to figure out how to get a list of the devices, then get that funky ID in brackets for the one the user has selected. How would I do this?

Also, could somebody explain to me how to add the string name (or any string) to a combo box with a drop-down list? I have been trying WM_SETTEXT, CB_ADDSTRING, and CB_SETITEMDATA, and none seem to work. Thanks for the help.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]