scrolling the screen

In a program if you write more than 25 lines, the screen will be automatically scrolled down, and you can no longer see the contents of the first lines. Is there a way to get them back?

Comments

• : In a program if you write more than 25 lines, the screen will be automatically scrolled down, and you can no longer see the contents of the first lines. Is there a way to get them back?
    :
    Not directly. You can code a "virtual screen", of which the actual screen is only a part. This could be coded like an array of 100 strings of 80 characters long. Then you write to that array, and show that on the screen from a certain offset. By using a speedbutton combination (ie ctrl+up, ctrl+down, etc) the user can scroll up or down the array. Obviously this is not unlimited, but it should work quite well.
  • : : In a program if you write more than 25 lines, the screen will be automatically scrolled down, and you can no longer see the contents of the first lines. Is there a way to get them back?
    : :
    : Not directly. You can code a "virtual screen", of which the actual screen is only a part. This could be coded like an array of 100 strings of 80 characters long. Then you write to that array, and show that on the screen from a certain offset. By using a speedbutton combination (ie ctrl+up, ctrl+down, etc) the user can scroll up or down the array. Obviously this is not unlimited, but it should work quite well.
    :

Thanks for the idea, and can I use some kind of a text file buffer to increase the size of the caching contents ? does this decrease the speed of my program?
  • : : : In a program if you write more than 25 lines, the screen will be automatically scrolled down, and you can no longer see the contents of the first lines. Is there a way to get them back?
    : : :
    : : Not directly. You can code a "virtual screen", of which the actual screen is only a part. This could be coded like an array of 100 strings of 80 characters long. Then you write to that array, and show that on the screen from a certain offset. By using a speedbutton combination (ie ctrl+up, ctrl+down, etc) the user can scroll up or down the array. Obviously this is not unlimited, but it should work quite well.
    : :
    :
    : Thanks for the idea, and can I use some kind of a text file buffer to increase the size of the caching contents ? does this decrease the speed of my program?
    :
    Not very much, but it does increase the memory usage greatly.