Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

kindly help me in working of datagrid

mahamjeemahamjee Posts: 8Member
i'm working on a datagrid as i have a form level master_detail form
master table has a detail and the detail has a further detail means i master record has multiple records and each detail record has multiple records also, to show the records i,ve to maintain the indexing it's all working well but now i'm facing a problem when i give values directly in the datagrid and assigning the values to a dataset, when i click the detail row the further detail shows accordingly so the visible rows are different for each row but the same dataset for all rows as for the purpose of save , update, delete.
i'm not able to maintain dataset i lost the values while nevigating for the other rows according to detail(for further detail).

another problem is when i create the checkbox column in a datagrid it has three states and never be enabled i only want 2 states and enabled check box in a datagrid please help me!

Comments

• PavlinIIPavlinII Posts: 404Member
    : i'm working on a datagrid as i have a form level master_detail form
    : master table has a detail and the detail has a further detail means i master record has multiple records and each detail record has multiple records also, to show the records i,ve to maintain the indexing it's all working well but now i'm facing a problem when i give values directly in the datagrid and assigning the values to a dataset, when i click the detail row the further detail shows accordingly so the visible rows are different for each row but the same dataset for all rows as for the purpose of save , update, delete.
    : i'm not able to maintain dataset i lost the values while nevigating for the other rows according to detail(for further detail).
    :
    : another problem is when i create the checkbox column in a datagrid it has three states and never be enabled i only want 2 states and enabled check box in a datagrid please help me!
    :
    Hi,
    this is part when I lost the clue..
    >when i click the detail row the further detail shows accordingly so >the visible rows are different for each row but the same dataset for >all rows as for the purpose of save , update, delete.

Try to describe your sittuation more detailed :)

I guess you're using asp.net..
    Are you saving newly entered values after each change, or do you use ViewState to persist changes..?

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• mahamjeemahamjee Posts: 8Member
    : : i'm working on a datagrid as i have a form level master_detail form
    : : master table has a detail and the detail has a further detail means i master record has multiple records and each detail record has multiple records also, to show the records i,ve to maintain the indexing it's all working well but now i'm facing a problem when i give values directly in the datagrid and assigning the values to a dataset, when i click the detail row the further detail shows accordingly so the visible rows are different for each row but the same dataset for all rows as for the purpose of save , update, delete.
    : : i'm not able to maintain dataset i lost the values while nevigating for the other rows according to detail(for further detail).
    : :
    : : another problem is when i create the checkbox column in a datagrid it has three states and never be enabled i only want 2 states and enabled check box in a datagrid please help me!
    : Hi,
    : this is part when I lost the clue..
    : >when i click the detail row the further detail shows accordingly so >the visible rows are different for each row but the same dataset for >all rows as for the purpose of save , update, delete.
    :
    : Try to describe your sittuation more detailed :)
    :
    : I guess you're using asp.net..
    : Are you saving newly entered values after each change, or do you use ViewState to persist changes..?
    :
    : [blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]
    :
    : [purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    i'm working in vb.net on a desktop application in which i have to use the master detail form
    as u know one master record has many records and if this detail has another detail then each detail row would have many other rows but i have to display only those records of third level detail which r related to one of second level detail if i select the second level detail row, i want that when i change the values in 3rd level detail grid the same will affect the dataset but on selecting another row of the 2nd level grid the display changes and values lost

• jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-11-29 10:34:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    : i'm working in vb.net on a desktop application in which i have to use the master detail form
    : as u know one master record has many records and if this detail has another detail then each detail row would have many other rows but i have to display only those records of third level detail which r related to one of second level detail if i select the second level detail row, i want that when i change the values in 3rd level detail grid the same will affect the dataset but on selecting another row of the 2nd level grid the display changes and values lost
    :
    :
    :

Hi, Your description is very confusing. You have a Master file which is linked to a transcation file (one to many) by way of a common field(s). Which in turn is also linked to another file in like manner. You want the changes done to your master file to filter down to the child linked files or vise versa. Are we on the same page now......

• mahamjeemahamjee Posts: 8Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-11-29 10:34:41[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi,
    : : i'm working in vb.net on a desktop application in which i have to use the master detail form
    : : as u know one master record has many records and if this detail has another detail then each detail row would have many other rows but i have to display only those records of third level detail which r related to one of second level detail if i select the second level detail row, i want that when i change the values in 3rd level detail grid the same will affect the dataset but on selecting another row of the 2nd level grid the display changes and values lost
    :
    : Hi, Your description is very confusing. You have a Master file which is linked to a transcation file (one to many) by way of a common field(s). Which in turn is also linked to another file in like manner. You want the changes done to your master file to filter down to the child linked files or vise versa. Are we on the same page now......
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    oh no,
    i'm not saying like that
    any ways i got the right solution thanx God
    thanks for replying and remembering me
    now just tell me about the graphical dashboard
    i've posted a message before