get character from screen - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

get character from screen

ba2_saba2_sa Posts: 3Member
hello all;
i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
i need answers as soon as possible
thx

Comments

• stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : hello all;
    : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : i need answers as soon as possible
    : thx
    :
    :
    More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?

Steph
  • ba2_saba2_sa Posts: 3Member
    : : hello all;
    : : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : : i need answers as soon as possible
    : : thx
    : :
    : More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?
    :
    : Steph
    :

what you said is correct, the window i need to take characters from is a running program(IBM personal Communications to be exact)
    thx

• stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : : : hello all;
    : : : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : : : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : : : i need answers as soon as possible
    : : : thx
    : : :
    : : :
    : : More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?
    : : Steph
    :
    : what you said is correct, the window i need to take characters from is a running program(IBM personal Communications to be exact)
    : thx
    :
    :
    :
    Is it a console window or a graphical one (GUI)? If it's a graphical window, I really cannot imagine how to do it, or at least I can only see very difficult solutions (like OCR). If it's a console window, perhaps it's possible to get the screen buffer address and then get the character and its attributes.

Steph