Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

get character from screen

ba2_saba2_sa Posts: 3Member
hello all;
i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
i need answers as soon as possible
thx

Comments

• stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : hello all;
    : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : i need answers as soon as possible
    : thx
    :
    :
    More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?

Steph
  • ba2_saba2_sa Posts: 3Member
    : : hello all;
    : : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : : i need answers as soon as possible
    : : thx
    : :
    : More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?
    :
    : Steph
    :

what you said is correct, the window i need to take characters from is a running program(IBM personal Communications to be exact)
    thx

• stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : : : hello all;
    : : : i need to take arabic characters from the screen(a running program to be exact),i already have the locations(ie. x and y coordinates relative to the file's window... any ideas how???
    : : : PS: i also need to take the text's color..how?
    : : : i need answers as soon as possible
    : : : thx
    : : :
    : : :
    : : More information is required. If I understand correctly, you've got a program X running and you want to write another program Y that would be able to get characters from the X program window. Is that right? Do you want to get a character from a console window or from a GUI?
    : : Steph
    :
    : what you said is correct, the window i need to take characters from is a running program(IBM personal Communications to be exact)
    : thx
    :
    :
    :
    Is it a console window or a graphical one (GUI)? If it's a graphical window, I really cannot imagine how to do it, or at least I can only see very difficult solutions (like OCR). If it's a console window, perhaps it's possible to get the screen buffer address and then get the character and its attributes.

Steph