Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Microsoft.XMLDOM

MihailVDMihailVD Posts: 91Member
Hello Everyone!
I was wondering if there is a way to make Microsoft.XMLDOM object compatible with other systems rather than Windows and it's browsers. Actually, I want my page to be browser-independant, but I am not
actually sure if the microsoft control could work under Linux and
non-microsoft browsers. Do they support such things at all?
Also, I had a look at some examples, and they were all in ASP, and I
do not want to use API-s, except if they are really needed for my goal.
So..I work in PHP.
Thanks for any of your help.
---------------
Mihail Dimitrov

Comments

• quotientquotient Posts: 62Member
    Microsoft XMLDOM object will work only in Internet Explorer, since it requires Microsoft ActiveX support to work. To load XMLDOM object in IE (Javascript):
    [code]xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");[/code]
    The other browsers, such as Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, etc., supports XMLDOM built-in. You can create the object in Javascript using:
    [code]xmlDoc = document.implementation.createDocument("","",null);[/code]
    The xmlDoc object created with have the same properties and methods when loaded with IE or Firefox. The only difference is when creating an instance of the object. You can use browser or ActiveX detection to determine which method to use:
    [code]if (window.ActiveXObject) { ... }[/code]or[code]if (navigator.appName = "Microsoft Internet Explorer) { ...}[/code]

Cheers,

Francis

: Hello Everyone!
    : I was wondering if there is a way to make Microsoft.XMLDOM object compatible with other systems rather than Windows and it's browsers. Actually, I want my page to be browser-independant, but I am not
    : actually sure if the microsoft control could work under Linux and
    : non-microsoft browsers. Do they support such things at all?
    : Also, I had a look at some examples, and they were all in ASP, and I
    : do not want to use API-s, except if they are really needed for my goal.
    : So..I work in PHP.
    : Thanks for any of your help.
    : ---------------
    : Mihail Dimitrov
    : ICQ : 110064098
    :