Hello World

I'm trying to do the example program "Hello World". I dont't know how to get to a command prompt using Windows ! Do I go to Dos window? I'm an old time programmer(no brag); Basic, Fortran, Assembly and machine language. I'm really having trouble with vb.net. I have Visual Studio.Net 2003 on my computer, I tried the program "Hellp World" using your instructions and when I press F5 I get an error 'Sub Main' was not found in 'MyHelloWorldApplication'. Am I doing something wrong or is the program instructions incorrect?
Thank You Please help!
Dee Gunter

Comments

• : I'm trying to do the example program "Hello World". I dont't know how to get to a command prompt using Windows ! Do I go to Dos window? I'm an old time programmer(no brag); Basic, Fortran, Assembly and machine language. I'm really having trouble with vb.net. I have Visual Studio.Net 2003 on my computer, I tried the program "Hellp World" using your instructions and when I press F5 I get an error 'Sub Main' was not found in 'MyHelloWorldApplication'. Am I doing something wrong or is the program instructions incorrect?
    : Thank You Please help!
    : Dee Gunter
    :
    :

Dee Gunter,
    The "Sub Main' error is simply an "Options" property not set and easily fixable. I don't have my development system with me right now but if I recall correctly it is under the Tools menu under either "Options" or "Properties". Once you go there you will have a dropdown that allows you to select a startup point. It will have the names of your forms and also "Sub Main". If you select "Sub Main" make sure you have a module with a procedure called:

Public Sub Main
    ... code ...
    End Sub

Hope this helps.
    Milkeyway
    ___\\/___
    ____"|"____
    _____-_____
    'Share the knowledge'