Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Anyone Tried HotBasic?

falkyr11falkyr11 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone:

I wanted to ask if anyone on this board has given HotBasic a try yet. And if not, I was going to encourage you to try it.

I've been a VB developer for a long time, going back to version 5. I still do a lot in .Net 2005, but recently discovered HotBasic and am very impressed. I've corresponded with the developer (it was written and is supported by one person), and he makes some very interesting points about HotBasic's features and power in comparison to other compilers.

Anyway, HotBasic is extremely easy to use but very powerful. It has support for accessing ODBC databases built in. You can build console, GUI, and CGI with it. And I think he just released a Linux version.

If you've not seen it, you check it out...I think if it catches on it will revitalize "true" BASIC programming. Here's the website: www.hotbasic.org.

Comments

• moneomoneo Member Posts: 39
    : Hi everyone:
    :
    : I wanted to ask if anyone on this board has given HotBasic a try yet. And if not, I was going to encourage you to try it.
    :
    : I've been a VB developer for a long time, going back to version 5. I still do a lot in .Net 2005, but recently discovered HotBasic and am very impressed. I've corresponded with the developer (it was written and is supported by one person), and he makes some very interesting points about HotBasic's features and power in comparison to other compilers.
    :
    : Anyway, HotBasic is extremely easy to use but very powerful. It has support for accessing ODBC databases built in. You can build console, GUI, and CGI with it. And I think he just released a Linux version.
    :
    : If you've not seen it, you check it out...I think if it catches on it will revitalize "true" BASIC programming. Here's the website: www.hotbasic.org.
    :
    :
    Right, must really be "hot" --- the website is unavailable, LOL.

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : : Hi everyone:
    : :
    : : I wanted to ask if anyone on this board has given HotBasic a try yet. And if not, I was going to encourage you to try it.
    : : I've been a VB developer for a long time, going back to version 5. I still do a lot in .Net 2005, but recently discovered HotBasic and am very impressed. I've corresponded with the developer (it was written and is supported by one person), and he makes some very interesting points about HotBasic's features and power in comparison to other compilers.
    : : Anyway, HotBasic is extremely easy to use but very powerful. It has support for accessing ODBC databases built in. You can build console, GUI, and CGI with it. And I think he just released a Linux version.
    : : If you've not seen it, you check it out...I think if it catches on it will revitalize "true" BASIC programming. Here's the website: www.hotbasic.org.
    : Right, must really be "hot" --- the website is unavailable, LOL.
    :
    :

It's just that he put a dot after the link...
  • moneomoneo Member Posts: 39
    : : : Hi everyone:
    : : :
    : : : I wanted to ask if anyone on this board has given HotBasic a try yet. And if not, I was going to encourage you to try it.
    : : : I've been a VB developer for a long time, going back to version 5. I still do a lot in .Net 2005, but recently discovered HotBasic and am very impressed. I've corresponded with the developer (it was written and is supported by one person), and he makes some very interesting points about HotBasic's features and power in comparison to other compilers.
    : : : Anyway, HotBasic is extremely easy to use but very powerful. It has support for accessing ODBC databases built in. You can build console, GUI, and CGI with it. And I think he just released a Linux version.
    : : : If you've not seen it, you check it out...I think if it catches on it will revitalize "true" BASIC programming. Here's the website: www.hotbasic.org.
    : : Right, must really be "hot" --- the website is unavailable, LOL.
    :
    : It's just that he put a dot after the link...
    :
    Right, thanks, IDK.

: