Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What language should I master?

I am interested in being able to create Windows programs. What language should I choose to master? Ultimately, I'd like to be able to write a program to do whatever I can imagine using the full power of the computer.

thanks............................matt

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I am interested in being able to create Windows programs. What language should I choose to master? Ultimately, I'd like to be able to write a program to do whatever I can imagine using the full power of the computer.
    :
    : thanks............................matt
    :
    [blue]C++[/blue]
  • BluesMattBluesMatt Member Posts: 2
    : : I am interested in being able to create Windows programs. What language should I choose to master? Ultimately, I'd like to be able to write a program to do whatever I can imagine using the full power of the computer.
    : :
    : : thanks............................matt
    : [blue]C++[/blue]
    :
    Thanks for the reply. Care to explain why? Why C++ and not C? Do C++ compilers also function as a C compiler? Any suggestions about how to learn C or C++?

From your screen name.............do you code in assembly?

thanks
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : : : I am interested in being able to create Windows programs. What language should I choose to master? Ultimately, I'd like to be able to write a program to do whatever I can imagine using the full power of the computer.
    : : :
    : : : thanks............................matt
    : : :
    : : [blue]C++[/blue]
    : Thanks for the reply. Care to explain why? Why C++ and not C? Do C++ compilers also function as a C compiler? Any suggestions about how to learn C or C++?
    :
    : From your screen name.............do you code in assembly?
    :
    : thanks
    :
    [blue]I am back from internet outage, sorry...
    If you compile the .C file with C++ compiler - it obviously uses C language to produce an OBJ file. It is an option however. In short, you can use C with C++ compiler with no problem.

How to learn? Some ways:

1. Think of some small project you can do, like some small database or a console game or a graphics game, but start small and go from there.

2. Read code from other coders - sign up on some free source code site - there are a lot of them around (codeproject, codeguru, etc.)

I write Win32 programs in ASM. Right now I am busy with an interesting project - a development environment for Assembly language. The main idea is Object Oriented Assembler. Ideas like these are a few - everyone want to use the high level language for serious coding, because it is faster than think in assembly. But with OOP - it will be definitely easier to make large programs and reuse code.[/blue]

• tesco#2tesco#2 Member Posts: 8
    : : I am interested in being able to create Windows programs. What language should I choose to master? Ultimately, I'd like to be able to write a program to do whatever I can imagine using the full power of the computer.
    : : thanks............................matt
    : I like C++,Its pretty easy to use>
    :