Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

get system time in pascal

lih0nmanlih0nman Posts: 30Member
hello,

how can i get the system time in pascal?

and if there is any PHP guru out there, is there a pascal-equivalent of the " time() " function in PHP?

thanx!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : hello,
    :
    : how can i get the system time in pascal?
    :
    : and if there is any PHP guru out there, is there a pascal-equivalent of the " time() " function in PHP?
    :
    : thanx!
    :
    Time() gives you the system time already. Or do you mean the uptime or tickcount?
  • lih0nmanlih0nman Posts: 30Member
    i mean getting the system time in _pascal_ , NOT in PHP ...
    : i mean getting the system time in _pascal_ , NOT in PHP ...
    :
    The Time() function is a Pascal function, which returns the DOS system time.
  • lih0nmanlih0nman Posts: 30Member
    i used the quick pascal compiler released by Microsoft in 1989 to compile this -

uses crt;
    begin
    writeln(Time());
    end.

and the compiler returned an error messaging saying that TIME is an unknow identifier.

is there anything special to use this function? thanx again.
    [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-10-24 6:59:21[/red][/b][hr]
    : i used the quick pascal compiler released by Microsoft in 1989 to compile this -
    :
    : ******************
    : uses crt;
    : begin
    : writeln(Time());
    : end.
    : ******************
    :
    : and the compiler returned an error messaging saying that TIME is an unknow identifier.
    :
    : is there anything special to use this function? thanx again.
    :
    In TP it is located in the Dos unit. Otherwise consult the help files for the unit which declares the Time() function.

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-10-24 6:59:21[/red][/b][hr]
    : : i used the quick pascal compiler released by Microsoft in 1989 to compile this -
    : :
    : : ******************
    : : uses crt;
    : : begin
    : : writeln(Time());
    : : end.
    : : ******************
    : : and the compiler returned an error messaging saying that TIME is an unknow identifier.
    : : is there anything special to use this function? thanx again.
    : In TP it is located in the Dos unit. Otherwise consult the help files for the unit which declares the Time() function.
    :
    :
    :

It's actually GetTime(), not Time() and it's located in the DOS unit.
    Hope this helps.

Phat Nat