Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help in delphi programming

Can someone help me to write a program to calculate the value of x for which f(x) = 0 zero for the general quadratic equation. Use the quadratic formula.

a.The program should have input boxes for a, b and c where a, b, and c are the coefficients of x2, x1 and x0

b.And out put the solutions for x.

c.if the solution contains the square root of a negative number then the program should print the message this equation has complex roots and out put the complex roots.

plz i'm really in need of help

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Can someone help me to write a program to calculate the value of x for which f(x) = 0 zero for the general quadratic equation. Use the quadratic formula.
    :
    : a.The program should have input boxes for a, b and c where a, b, and c are the coefficients of x2, x1 and x0
    :
    : b.And out put the solutions for x.
    :
    : c.if the solution contains the square root of a negative number then the program should print the message this equation has complex roots and out put the complex roots.
    :
    :
    : plz i'm really in need of help
    :
    :
    Place a couple of TLabels, TEdits and one TButton on the form. In the TButton.OnClick event code the following:
    Use the StrToFloat() to convert the TEdit.Text property to doubles. This will give you the a, b, c coefficients as numbers, so you can calculate with them.
    Then comes the maths part, just like you would do on paper. You might need an if-then-else-if-then-else statement to check the various answer possibilities:
    [code]
    if D < 0 then
    begin
    // Do something
    end else if D = 0 then
    begin
    // Do something else
    end else { no need for another if-then, because if the program gets
    this far, D is not smaller or equal to 0, thus greater than 0 }
    begin
    // Third do something
    end;
    [/code]
    Finally use FloatToStr() to convert the results back to strings to show them using another few TLabels.

Check out the help files for more info on these objects, functions.