Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

database access

whizpigwhizpig Member Posts: 3
i have a project that requires me to use C++ to retrieve info from a relational database. my problem is that i'm not a very accomplished programmer and i know next to nothing about databases and don't have the time to learn it all, so my question is which type of database is the easiest to access with C++ and why? i tried it with an access database using ADO and it wasn't working out very well MFC OLE was the closest i got to it but i saw someone do with MySQL and i'm thihnkin about switching but i wanna know if there is an better type of database to use and why? the database should have over 100 records with 10 feilds and the database should be able to hoold the lyrics for songs among other song information. i'm sorry if this message should have been posted in the database area but i didn't know which database type to put it in. help

Comments

• veliusvelius Member Posts: 456
    : i have a project that requires me to use C++ to retrieve info from a relational database. my problem is that i'm not a very accomplished programmer and i know next to nothing about databases and don't have the time to learn it all, so my question is which type of database is the easiest to access with C++ and why? i tried it with an access database using ADO and it wasn't working out very well MFC OLE was the closest i got to it but i saw someone do with MySQL and i'm thihnkin about switching but i wanna know if there is an better type of database to use and why? the database should have over 100 records with 10 feilds and the database should be able to hoold the lyrics for songs among other song information. i'm sorry if this message should have been posted in the database area but i didn't know which database type to put it in. help
    :
    MSDN ( msdn.microsoft.com ) has how-to's for C++ and connecting to a database. Obviously the MSDN is going to cover using the Visual Studio IDE whereas codeproject may not.

I have some experience with database use in projects. Mostly in WinForm/C# setup as it was the easiest to use. But I recall MFC had pretty decent support for databases but requires much more work from the programmer.

Good luck.
    [hr]
    We'll be an army of theives
    Of self-freed slaves
    Of mild-mannered maids
    We'll fight with whispers and blades
    So get ready, a new day is dawning
    - The New Wild West -- Jewel