How do you convert .bas files to .exe files? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How do you convert .bas files to .exe files?

g6prgmg6prgm Posts: 3Member
[b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.

Comments

• anthrax11anthrax11 Posts: 511Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    :
    :
    :
    Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
  • g6prgmg6prgm Posts: 3Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : :
    : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    :
    I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : : :
    : : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    : I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    :

Ah, indeed QBasic 1.1 didn't include a compiler. However, instead of using VB for DOS, I recommend, that you download QuickBasic 4.5 and use that instead of QBasic 1.1 for both editing and compiling to exe.
    http://qbnz.com/pages/downloads/software/

Good luck!
  • mittal_palimittal_pali Posts: 2Member
    Download a bat2exe software to convert the file to .exe

download link

[link=ftp://ftp.mpoli.fi/pub/software/DOS/UTILS/DISKFILE/BAT2EXE.ZIP][/link]
    Sorry, but these are .bas files, not .bat
  • lejf123lejf123 Posts: 1Member
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    : I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help
    : file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what
    : the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    : I got the 4.5 and I did the "make exe" thing but it makes a tmp file? What do I do?