Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

secure product presentation

houtanhoutan Member Posts: 3
Hi guys
Is it possible to show your Product and company images and pictures in a web site that nobody can save the images via right click or save as or PrintScreen function or by screen captures.
Please help me guys

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAMember Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    : Hi guys
    : Is it possible to show your Product and company images and pictures in a web site that nobody can save the images via right click or save as or PrintScreen function or by screen captures.
    : Please help me guys
    :
    No

There are ways to make it harder to save images off of your website, but it is impossible to completely block it. To answer the question your probably not thinking... Why... let me explain.

When you load a webpage, you download the images and text contained on that page into a temporary internet folder. These pictures then stay there so when the page is reloaded the images can be quickly reloaded without much load on the server (less bandwidth gets used).

You can disable right-clicking in code, but you cannot disable screenshotting. You could display the images through a flash animation to keep the source image files from being saved, but they get the flash animation file (i don't know if you can unload the contents of a lash file or not)

• houtanhoutan Member Posts: 3

: There are ways to make it harder to save images off of your website, but it is impossible to completely block it. To answer the question your probably not thinking... Why... let me explain.
    :
    : When you load a webpage, you download the images and text contained on that page into a temporary internet folder. These pictures then stay there so when the page is reloaded the images can be quickly reloaded without much load on the server (less bandwidth gets used).
    :
    : You can disable right-clicking in code, but you cannot disable screenshotting. You could display the images through a flash animation to keep the source image files from being saved, but they get the flash animation file (i don't know if you can unload the contents of a lash file or not)
    :
    :
    :

Hi
    I know images are MIMEs, entire internet explorers but how about using some technologies like VRML or other things that i dunno.
    I hope you understand my point
    thanks

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAMember Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Well I think the point still remains that you cannot stop a user from taking screen shots. So if your Companies product is images, and you use something to encrypt the temp images, the user can still use a screen capturing program to get the image. the solution would ahve to be something similar to offering a version that is much reduced in size and or qualitie for the user to preview, with a logo tag layered in.

Maybe I missed your point however.
  • houtanhoutan Member Posts: 3
    : Well I think the point still remains that you cannot stop a user from taking screen shots. So if your Companies product is images, and you use something to encrypt the temp images, the user can still use a screen capturing program to get the image. the solution would ahve to be something similar to offering a version that is much reduced in size and or qualitie for the user to preview, with a logo tag layered in.
    :
    : Maybe I missed your point however.

:

Hi

Thanks for your help .
    Yes I think the best choice is adding logo tag layered on pictures.
    by the way I found this site .http://www.share2s.com/protect.html
    Take a look at this ,very nice protection that they do.

thx cya