Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem with multiple access to query

redhanzredhanz Member Posts: 50
I am developing an asp .net application that has a search engine. Many users connect to the DB as one user. My problem is when the user executes a search I have created a query that looks like this(in my example they enter the key words )

Select distinct * into t0 from dc_image where DC_Barcode Like '%E06%'
OR Eng_Barcode Like '%E06%' OR DC_ProjectCode Like '%E06%' OR DC_Number Like '%E06%' OR DC_Sheet Like '%E06%' OR DC_Revision Like '%E06%' OR DC_Title Like '%E06%' OR DC_Alt_Number Like '%E06%' OR DC_Rev_Decs Like '%E06%' OR DC_Date Like '%E06%' OR DC_Time Like '%E06%' OR DC_Status Like '%E06%' OR DC_FileType Like '%E06%'

Select * into t1 from t0 where DC_Barcode Like '%NA%' OR Eng_Barcode Like '%NA%'
OR DC_ProjectCode Like '%NA%' OR DC_Number Like '%NA%' OR DC_Sheet Like '%NA%'
OR DC_Revision Like '%NA%' OR DC_Title Like '%NA%' OR DC_Alt_Number Like '%NA%'
OR DC_Rev_Decs Like '%NA%' OR DC_Date Like '%NA%' OR DC_Time Like '%NA%'
OR DC_Status Like '%NA%' OR DC_FileType Like '%NA%'

Select * from t1

drop t1
drop t0

So my problem is that multiple users can search at the same time, so if user A searches, then user B searches the tables will already be created. There has to be a simple way around this. I was thinking of just timestamping the search.

Or perhaps I am doing my search part too resource unfriendly. I would like to be able to grab a data from a table T, where each row must contains the key words entered by the user. So a table that looks like:

1:x|y|z
- - -
2:z|t|f
- - -
3:x|x|f
- - -
4:x|z|f
- - -
5:x|z|t

if we entered the key words z, t
i would want row 2,5 to return.

Thanks for your help.