how can i make my url clear avoiding dirty query strings

how can i make my url clear and readable avoiding dirty query string as used in google (SEO) www.google.com/dirhp,
www.google.com/dirhp/arts . not in this way
www.google.com/dirhp?catid="arts" please help if any one khows it.

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USA
    Read up on Cookies my friend.

Thos query strings are passed variables I beleive, and you can pass them the same with a cookie. The problem lies on the user have the correct cookie permissions to use your site.

Maybe if you elaborate more on why you don't want to do that I could give you more of an answer your looking for

Sean

: how can i make my url clear and readable avoiding dirty query string as used in google (SEO) www.google.com/dirhp,
    : www.google.com/dirhp/arts . not in this way
    : www.google.com/dirhp?catid="arts" please help if any one khows it.
    :

• : Read up on Cookies my friend.
    :
    : Thos query strings are passed variables I beleive, and you can pass them the same with a cookie. The problem lies on the user have the correct cookie permissions to use your site.
    :
    : Maybe if you elaborate more on why you don't want to do that I could give you more of an answer your looking for
    :
    : Sean
    :
    :
    : : how can i make my url clear and readable avoiding dirty query string as used in google (SEO) www.google.com/dirhp,
    : : www.google.com/dirhp/arts . not in this way
    : : www.google.com/dirhp?catid="arts" please help if any one khows it.
    : :
    :
    :

Another way would be to use post instead of get; you dont have to include anything in the query string that way.