Web service query and Certificates - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Web service query and Certificates

sallas001sallas001 Posts: 6Member
[b][red]This message was edited by sallas001 at 2006-10-16 21:16:22[/red][/b][hr]
I have an ASP .NET app in one Domain querying a web service in another domain, unfortunately it fails as the logs show:
"Reason: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server"

Now accessing the web service via a browser presents a Security Alert pop up box indicating I do not hold a certificate I have chosen to trust, I am assuming that where the user can clik Yes (to proceed), the app querying the web service cant and therefore it fails and thus the log message?

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    What exactly are you trying to do, maybe there is another way to go about the solution.

: [b][red]This message was edited by sallas001 at 2006-10-16 21:16:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have an ASP .NET app in one Domain querying a web service in another domain, unfortunately it fails as the logs show:
    : "Reason: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server"
    :
    : Now accessing the web service via a browser presents a Security Alert pop up box indicating I do not hold a certificate I have chosen to trust, I am assuming that where the user can clik Yes (to proceed), the app querying the web service cant and therefore it fails and thus the log message?
    :
    :
    :