Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Windows MIDI instrument definitions?

PP2005PP2005 Posts: 111Member
Hi all!

I'm programming a DOS game in Borland Pascal 7.0 and have found a pretty good unit for playing MIDI files:

http://www.shdon.com/view?cat=dos&doc=sound

However, the MIDIs don't sound exactly like they do in Windows. The author of the unit is aware of this and therefor also supplies an instrument editor for the FM.DAT file.

Does any of you know how I should edit the instruments to make the MIDIs played with this unit sound like they do when played in Windows? Where can I find the Windows instrument definitions so I can edit the instruments in the FM.DAT file to match the Windows instruments?