Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

screen saver in c

hi any one,
now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
plz help me

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : hi any one,
    : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : plz help me
    :
    :

Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
  • stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : : hi any one,
    : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : plz help me
    : :
    :
    : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    :
    Really?
    There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?

Steph
    : : : hi any one,
    : : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : : plz help me
    : : :
    : : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    : Really?
    : There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?
    :
    : Steph
    :

Then you'll need to do some windows programming...

Besides the winmain func, there should be another one, that I don't know the name of. I think it's listed at msdn somewhere.

Search for it, and I think you'll find it...
  • stephlstephl Posts: 422Member
    : : : : hi any one,
    : : : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : : : plz help me
    : : : :
    : : : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    : : Really?
    : : There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?
    : : Steph
    :
    : Then you'll need to do some windows programming...
    :
    : Besides the winmain func, there should be another one, that I don't know the name of. I think it's listed at msdn somewhere.
    :
    : Search for it, and I think you'll find it...
    :
    OK, thanks.
    Steph
  • deepak_shindedeepak_shinde Posts: 8Member
    : : : : : hi any one,
    : : : : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : : : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : : : : plz help me
    : : : : :
    : : : : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    : : : Really?
    : : : There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?
    : : : Steph
    : : Then you'll need to do some windows programming...
    : : Besides the winmain func, there should be another one, that I don't know the name of. I think it's listed at msdn somewhere.
    : : Search for it, and I think you'll find it...
    : OK, thanks.
    : Steph
    : hi steph
    i am made the .exe and .scr file ,when we right click on this file it shows the command configure,install,test etc. but to use this command it give error "it is not supported to win32 system" .i am used the windos os and turbo C .pls give solution
    -deepak

: : : : : : hi any one,
    : : : : : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : : : : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : : : : : plz help me
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    : : : : Really?
    : : : : There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?
    : : : : Steph
    : : : Then you'll need to do some windows programming...
    : : : Besides the winmain func, there should be another one, that I don't know the name of. I think it's listed at msdn somewhere.
    : : : Search for it, and I think you'll find it...
    : : OK, thanks.
    : : Steph
    : : hi steph
    : i am made the .exe and .scr file ,when we right click on this file it shows the command configure,install,test etc. but to use this command it give error "it is not supported to win32 system" .i am used the windos os and turbo C .pls give solution
    : -deepak
    :
    :

You'll need to make it a win32 app, and that's a little harder than a normal one.

Learn the winAPI and then try again.
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-10-15 8:0:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : hi any one,
    : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : plz help me
    :
    :

this thread also has some discussions and links about that

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346096&highlight=screen+savers

And if you go to www.codeproject.com and search for "screen savers" you will get links to several example programs and a couple tutorials.

• deepak_shindedeepak_shinde Posts: 8Member
    : : : : : : : hi any one,
    : : : : : : : now i am making a clock in C. i wants to set this clock as a screen saver,how i can set it?
    : : : : : : : and second problem how we can make the EXE file? of our project means it containt only one file ,containing all code files and all necessary files?
    : : : : : : : plz help me
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Compile all C files to object files, then link them to an exe and then change the name of the exe to .scr and you got a screen saver.
    : : : : : Really?
    : : : : : There's a "Parameters..." button when you choose a screensaver from the "Display Properties" dialog box. It should open a popup which depends on the screensaver selected. Do you know what pressing this button does? I mean, what do I have to program in order to display a custom-made popup when the button is pressed and my screensaver is selected?
    : : : : : Steph
    : : : : Then you'll need to do some windows programming...
    : : : : Besides the winmain func, there should be another one, that I don't know the name of. I think it's listed at msdn somewhere.
    : : : : Search for it, and I think you'll find it...
    : : : OK, thanks.
    : : : Steph
    : : : hi steph
    : : i am made the .exe and .scr file ,when we right click on this file it shows the command configure,install,test etc. but to use this command it give error "it is not supported to win32 system" .i am used the windos os and turbo C .pls give solution
    : : -deepak
    :
    : You'll need to make it a win32 app, and that's a little harder than a normal one.
    :
    : Learn the winAPI and then try again.
    : now i am biginar in C i dont know about the winAPI then plz help about API,
    -deepak

: : Learn the winAPI and then try again.
    : : now i am biginar in C i dont know about the winAPI then plz help about API,
    : -deepak
    :
    :
    :

Take a look at stobers post.
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [blue ... just wanted to add that clock as a screen saver is not a good idea, unless you move your clock around the screen. The hour digits will pretty much burn your screen... so you in effet will have screen burner :-)[/blue]