Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Multithreading in vb.net

Hi all

i am using vb.net and oracle 8i. I created one form which calls two different classes from another project. The classes having the database connection and each class taking appro.. 3 minutes for operation. i want to display a progressbar into my form which calls these classes.

Inside the classes i can't mention the control property. i gave the reference of those classes into my form. I am trying to give the form's reference into classes it tells "u can't create circular reference".

is there any possibility to solve this issuse.

Thanks In Advance
Murali.M

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    Hi,

: i am using vb.net and oracle 8i. I created one form which calls two different classes from another project. The classes having the database connection and each class taking appro.. 3 minutes for operation. i want to display a progressbar into my form which calls these classes.
    :
    : Inside the classes i can't mention the control property. i gave the reference of those classes into my form. I am trying to give the form's reference into classes it tells "u can't create circular reference".
    :
    : is there any possibility to solve this issuse.
    :
    I ain't come accross the circular reference error before - any chance you can paste it here in full?

Also, have you considered, instead of passing the object, passing a delegate instead that they call back to increment the progress bar?

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");