Microcontrolers

has anyone here had the chance to use a BASIC print microcontroller? I'm wanting to learn how to interface simple electronics with my pc, would microcontrollers be the best way to go?

ANY advivce would be a great help to me :) thanks

Comments

• : has anyone here had the chance to use a BASIC print microcontroller? I'm wanting to learn how to interface simple electronics with my pc, would microcontrollers be the best way to go?

:

: ANY advivce would be a great help to me :) thanks

:

well, many microcontrollers have a full duplex rs232 interface, which is very neat if you want to make some circuit which communicates somehow with the peecee (or any other computer)

however, i've never tried out a basic uC.

atmel's avr risc controllers are very nice, they are flash programmable, and it is very easy to make some device to burn the code into their rom,

and there's somewhere a gcc port for these controllers, called avr-gcc

• : : has anyone here had the chance to use a BASIC print microcontroller? I'm wanting to learn how to interface simple electronics with my pc, would microcontrollers be the best way to go?
    : :
    : : ANY advivce would be a great help to me :) thanks
    : :
    :
    : well, many microcontrollers have a full duplex rs232 interface, which is very neat if you want to make some circuit which communicates somehow with the peecee (or any other computer)
    :
    : however, i've never tried out a basic uC.
    :
    : atmel's avr risc controllers are very nice, they are flash programmable, and it is very easy to make some device to burn the code into their rom,
    : and there's somewhere a gcc port for these controllers, called avr-gcc
    :
    : hey if you want to just learn how a miccrocontroler work i would get a "Basic stamp" just goto www.basicstamp.com and click on product and thay have tons or free stuff there too
    hope i could help

bye