Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Command to run script in ns2.26?

Hi everybody,

I am still new in linux as well as the network simulator. I am now developing a project about mobile IP (an enhancement of mobile IP) and i'm using ns2.26 as a simulator. I have installed this ns2 version successfully in my pc. The problem is, when i was trying to run any example from the example given, it return an error message such as "command not found". I have tried many different types of commands such as:

./ns2.26 simple.tcl, ns simple.tcl, &ns simple.tcl, etc..

but it doesn't work. Does anybody know what is the problem? Is it something wrong with my installation setup? or do I made mistake in the command? can anybody tell me the true command to run the code for this ns2 version? I really need help on this since i have more complicated task to do after this. thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• nugentnugent Member Posts: 87
    [b][red]This message was edited by nugent at 2006-10-2 13:40:24[/red][/b][hr]
    "command not found" means that the excutable "ns" was not found in your path (type "echo $PATH" to see a colon seperated list of directories where it will look for programs). you can either add the directory the contains the ns executable to your path (use the "export" command), or you can move the executable to one of the directories in your path (if ns uses a configure, make & make install routine, the make install stage usually adds the files in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, so make sure these are in your path. make install ususally requires root permissions) or your can refer to the executable using the absolute or relative path. absolute path means referring to the file in terms or / (root). for example ns is in my home directory i would use "/home/me/ns". relative path means referring to the file in terms of the current directory so for example if i am in /home/me/Desktop/tmp and wanted to refer to the ns file in my home directory i would use "../../ns" (./ is current directory and ../ is up one directory)

------
    nugent

• newbie06newbie06 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you so much for your explaination..i will try to implement what u've suggested. and i'll let you know the result..TQ..:-)

: [b][red]This message was edited by nugent at 2006-10-2 13:40:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : "command not found" means that the excutable "ns" was not found in your path (type "echo $PATH" to see a colon seperated list of directories where it will look for programs). you can either add the directory the contains the ns executable to your path (use the "export" command), or you can move the executable to one of the directories in your path (if ns uses a configure, make & make install routine, the make install stage usually adds the files in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, so make sure these are in your path. make install ususally requires root permissions) or your can refer to the executable using the absolute or relative path. absolute path means referring to the file in terms or / (root). for example ns is in my home directory i would use "/home/me/ns". relative path means referring to the file in terms of the current directory so for example if i am in /home/me/Desktop/tmp and wanted to refer to the ns file in my home directory i would use "../../ns" (./ is current directory and ../ is up one directory)
    :
    :
    :
    : ------
    : nugent
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :