How to do operation with files using java script?

I want to open the text file and do some manipulations like writing to a file and reading from the file.

Comments

• : I want to open the text file and do some manipulations like writing to a file and reading from the file.
    :
    Cannot be done with only javascript. You'll need some ActiveX object for the actual writing.
  • : : I want to open the text file and do some manipulations like writing to a file and reading from the file.
    : :
    : Cannot be done with only javascript. You'll need some ActiveX object for the actual writing.
    :

Thanks a lot for the reply, Will it be possible for you to provide some more help?please. I am struggling to do this from many days as I dont have the knowledge of ActiveX.
  • : : : I want to open the text file and do some manipulations like writing to a file and reading from the file.
    : : :
    : : Cannot be done with only javascript. You'll need some ActiveX object for the actual writing.
    :
    : Thanks a lot for the reply, Will it be possible for you to provide some more help?please. I am struggling to do this from many days as I dont have the knowledge of ActiveX.
    :
    No, sorry. I only use javascript to perform data-entry validation, and client-side list-management. You might find more on ActiveX in the MSDN or www.w3schools.com
  • : : : : I want to open the text file and do some manipulations like writing to a file and reading from the file.
    : : : :
    : : : Cannot be done with only javascript. You'll need some ActiveX object for the actual writing.
    : : :
    : : Thanks a lot for the reply, Will it be possible for you to provide some more help?please. I am struggling to do this from many days as I dont have the knowledge of ActiveX.
    : No, sorry. I only use javascript to perform data-entry validation, and client-side list-management. You might find more on ActiveX in the MSDN or www.w3schools.com
    :

Thanks a lot for the link.