Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Simple fire effect - screensaver

Hi

I'm new here, my name is Lukas. Is there anyone who might have some source code of an asm screensaver with "fire effect"? I'm not looking for something too hard and complicated because I would like too understand it. It would be best if this fire effect would be (well I don't know how to say this) "ascii fire". For example it sould be "made" using yellow @ and it should be as simple as it can be Smile I know how to blank my monitor but I have no idea how to make a screensaver with this kind of fire effect. Thx for any help!

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : Hi
    :
    : I'm new here, my name is Lukas. Is there anyone who might have some source code of an asm screensaver with "fire effect"? I'm not looking for something too hard and complicated because I would like too understand it. It would be best if this fire effect would be (well I don't know how to say this) "ascii fire". For example it sould be "made" using yellow @ and it should be as simple as it can be Smile I know how to blank my monitor but I have no idea how to make a screensaver with this kind of fire effect. Thx for any help!
    :

Google's always good.

This is a rather cool thing:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/download/17060/download.aspx

It's pretty what you want except that you should alter the width and height of the drawing area and make it output ascii.

Ask when you get stuck.