Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MFC/ListBox crashes

JRC903JRC903 Member Posts: 1
Hello:
I am using Visual Studio 2005 in C++/MFC. Most of the time, the tool works well. However, for some reason when I'm using a dialog based MFC program, and attempt to set a variable name for the control (other then what it comes up with as a default) it crashes the program, And sends a message to microsoft. For example, if i attempt to change from a control based variable to a value based using the drop down entry box, it crashes. I notice that the listbox control in other implemenations works correctly. Any clue as to what i can do to get around this?

thanks..

Comments

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Hello:
    : I am using Visual Studio 2005 in C++/MFC. Most of the time, the tool works well. However, for some reason when I'm using a dialog based MFC program, and attempt to set a variable name for the control (other then what it comes up with as a default) it crashes the program,

How are you attempting to do that? I right-click the control, select "Add Variable" from the menu. Then fill in the blocks. No problems. BTW: I'm using VC++ 2005 Pro edition.

:For example, if i attempt to change from a control based variable to a value based using the drop down entry box, it crashes.

I have no problems doing that either.

• twsofttwsoft Member Posts: 1
    : : Hello:
    : : I am using Visual Studio 2005 in C++/MFC. Most of the time, the tool works well. However, for me reason when I'm using a dialog based MFC program, and attempt to set a variable name for the control (other then what it comes up with as a default) it crashes the program,
    :
    : How are you attempting to do that? I right-click the control, select "Add Variable" from the menu. Then fill in the blocks. No problems. BTW: I'm using VC++ 2005 Pro edition.
    :
    :
    :
    : :For example, if i attempt to change from a control based variable to a value based using the drop down entry box, it crashes.
    :
    : I have no problems doing that either.
    :
    :

• mombawombamombawomba Member Posts: 30
    [b][red]This message was edited by mombawomba at 2006-12-9 0:27:30[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello:
    : I am using Visual Studio 2005 in C++/MFC. Most of the time, the tool works well. However, for some reason when I'm using a dialog based MFC program, and attempt to set a variable name for the control (other then what it comes up with as a default) it crashes the program, And sends a message to microsoft. For example, if i attempt to change from a control based variable to a value based using the drop down entry box, it crashes. I notice that the listbox control in other implemenations works correctly. Any clue as to what i can do to get around this?
    :
    : thanks..
    :

I've had that problem as well except that when Visual Studio crashes it's just... gone! I've found that if you've got the help (MSDN) open through Visual Studio it does it more frequently. I assume it some sort of memory access problem.

As a work around I just add the DDX handlers by hand (no interface to crash ;-) )