Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Communication between VB and QB

What I want to do is somehow communicate my visual basic program with my QuickBasic Program.

With QuickBasic, I am able to do inline assembly.
This means I can access XMS (memory) with it, and data in 16:16 machine addresses to name a few.

BUT my major problem is that I don't know how to make VB supply the communication to QB.

It would be nice if I can create a memory handle and have it shared with both programs. I can create an XMS handle in QB.

I have seen a deviceiocontrol function that calls a DOS interrupt to eject CD's, and I have seen some alloc related functions (according to api-guide from apiguide.net), but I don't know which one to use.

I could use the windows clipboard, but I don't want to because the data cannot be accessible to the user.

I know the easiest method is to have one program write contents to a file and have the other read the same file, but that method is too slow, unreliable, and insecure.

I'm wanting to do this because I want my Qbasic program to interact to the internet through the Visual Basic program. It must go through VB since Winsock 2 cannot be accessed properly by Qbasic.

Thanks for the bugs microsoft :(