Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ADO Data Control

nozihozinozihozi Posts: 6Member
It's been ages since i programmed.To be precise it was back then while i was still using 6.0.Im using .Net now and am busy with a project.Problem is i was trying to add an ADO Data Control but i cant seem to get it right.

Where do i find this or what other measures can i take?

Comments

• RicardoFurtadoRicardoFurtado Posts: 205Member
    : It's been ages since i programmed.To be precise it was back then while i was still using 6.0.Im using .Net now and am busy with a project.Problem is i was trying to add an ADO Data Control but i cant seem to get it right.
    :
    : Where do i find this or what other measures can i take?
    :
    :

Have you tryed to insert the control?
    The control can be found this way:
    go to the menu -> "Project" / "Add Reference"
    Select "COM"
    Select "Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (SP6)(OLEDB)

hope this helps

Ricardo Furtado

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : : It's been ages since i programmed.To be precise it was back then while i was still using 6.0.Im using .Net now and am busy with a project.Problem is i was trying to add an ADO Data Control but i cant seem to get it right.
    : :
    : : Where do i find this or what other measures can i take?
    :
    : Have you tryed to insert the control?
    : The control can be found this way:
    : go to the menu -> "Project" / "Add Reference"
    : Select "COM"
    : Select "Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (SP6)(OLEDB)
    :
    : hope this helps
    :
    : Ricardo Furtado
    :
    :

you should be using ADO.NET, which is somewhat 'similar' to ADO, the exception is that .Net use a disconnected data adapter. you fill the adapter with data, do whatever to the data, then have the adapter update the data source if there's changes. in theory it sounds simple but microsofts training leaves out many details on how to to manage it.