capturing online streaming audio - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

capturing online streaming audio

Hi all
I would like to capture the online strameing audio and do some process over it.To do that I would like to know how i could capture the online streaming audio.If there is any available example C programs to do that?
How can I do it?

Need Help.

t.senthil

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : Hi all
    : I would like to capture the online strameing audio and do some process over it.To do that I would like to know how i could capture the online streaming audio.If there is any available example C programs to do that?
    : How can I do it?
    :
    : Need Help.
    :
    : t.senthil
    :
    I think you only have to open a socket to the right place and it will stream the audio to you.
  • anthrax11anthrax11 Posts: 511Member
    : : Hi all
    : : I would like to capture the online strameing audio and do some process over it.To do that I would like to know how i could capture the online streaming audio.If there is any available example C programs to do that?
    : : How can I do it?
    : :
    : : Need Help.
    : : t.senthil
    : I think you only have to open a socket to the right place and it will stream the audio to you.
    :

You have to send some plaintext message too. I`ve done this, but I can`t exactly remember what to send. Use Ethereal (www.ethereal.com) to capture packets and then have your favourite media player stream a station, then watch the traffic and try to imitate what the player sends. You only have to worry about sending an initial message, the server will take care of the rest. The server will send mp3 (or whatever format is chosen) data with some station information every 16000 bytes or so, until you close the connection.
  • latifah456latifah456 Posts: 3Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • LulugreenLulugreen Posts: 3Member
  • jason8611jason8611 Posts: 3Member