Display HTML in XML file as HTML - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Display HTML in XML file as HTML

shinsnakeshinsnake Posts: 93Member
Usually what I've done, I've retrieved XML and assigned each element to a label or a drop down list, etc... Now, I'm looking at a Google News RSS search and I want to display the description item which is pure HTML code. I put it in a label to begin with, just to make sure I was getting what I wanted, but now I want to see the formatted HTML like a web page would return. Here's my example:

[code]

XmlNodeList xnodlResults = xdocQueryResults.SelectNodes("/rss/channel/item/description");

int nxelResults = 0;
foreach (XmlElement xelResults in xnodlResults)
{
switch (nxelResults)
{
case 0:
lblResults1.Text = xelResults.InnerXml.ToString();
nxelResults += 1;
break;
case 1:
lblResults2.Text = xelResults.InnerXml.ToString();
nxelResults += 1;
break;
case 2:
lblResults3.Text = xelResults.InnerXml.ToString();
nxelResults += 1;
break;
case 3:
lblResults4.Text = xelResults.InnerXml.ToString();
nxelResults += 1;
break;
case 4:
lblResults5.Text = xelResults.InnerXml.ToString();
nxelResults += 1;
break;
}
}[/code]

So, obviously, this just puts the HTML in string format and assigns it to a label, which obviously comes out with all of it's HTML markups. I want it to be formatted on my ASPX page as it would be displayed on a web page. If I'm not explaining this well, think of any RSS feed readers that allow you to add a rss feed and then read in a nice, formatted way.

Comments