Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Atumatic Data entry

HI All,

I am trying to make an inventory/sales database in Access and VB6. Its for my computer store. Here is the case:

Usually we have sales offers in our store. For example, for a complete PC system, we have different offers depending on hardware. Usually the price range changes with better configuration, e.g, more RAM, bigger Hard Disk, etc. Now I want to implement these offers in such a way in Access Database, when we enter the data for any sale, we dont have to re-enter all the hardware, quantity, price etc, again for each offer, as a particular offer has always same hardawre components/quantity/price. Usually if a customer wants to buy a PC system, based on his own choice of hardware, we would enter the data in SALES table in each field for each peice of hardware(e.g,CPU, Monitor type, RAM, HDisk, keyboard, etc,etc) being sold, as well as quantity and price. I have implemented this easily. But for those special offers(which customers mostly buy from out store), I want to automate the data entry in such a way, that when the customer wants to buy any of our particular offer, we just choose the OFFER code from combo box
or drop down list, and the SALES table is automatically accumulated with data from that particular OFFER.

How to implement that in Access and Visual Basic 6? Any Ideas?

Comments

• BarkeeperBarkeeper Member Posts: 335
    [b][red]This message was edited by Barkeeper at 2006-9-7 3:45:33[/red][/b][hr]
    Easy!

Say, you have a table called "PCSystem" and another one called "Components". "PCSystem" has a m:n-Relation to "Components" (You'll need a "Mix"-Table to implement the m:n-Relation)

The first entry of "PCSystems" could be called "Custom built PC", all other entries there with your special offers.

So, if you choose, say "Special Offer 1" in your "Offers"-List, you can fill up the Sales-Table with an easy SQL-Query (SELECT * FROM Components WHERE Components.PCID=Mix.PCID AND Components.ID=Mix.CompID AND Mix.PCID=Offers.ID) <-- You get the idea for the SQL-Query? Get the Offer-ID from your Offer-List/Table, Look up all entries in the Mix-Table with this ID, and then Look up all Components found in the Mix-Table with the chosen PC-ID

Hope it helped

Zvoni

: HI All,
    :
    : I am trying to make an inventory/sales database in Access and VB6. Its for my computer store. Here is the case:
    :
    : Usually we have sales offers in our store. For example, for a complete PC system, we have different offers depending on hardware. Usually the price range changes with better configuration, e.g, more RAM, bigger Hard Disk, etc. Now I want to implement these offers in such a way in Access Database, when we enter the data for any sale, we dont have to re-enter all the hardware, quantity, price etc, again for each offer, as a particular offer has always same hardawre components/quantity/price. Usually if a customer wants to buy a PC system, based on his own choice of hardware, we would enter the data in SALES table in each field for each peice of hardware(e.g,CPU, Monitor type, RAM, HDisk, keyboard, etc,etc) being sold, as well as quantity and price. I have implemented this easily. But for those special offers(which customers mostly buy from out store), I want to automate the data entry in such a way, that when the customer wants to buy any of our particular offer, we just choose the OFFER code from combo box
    : or drop down list, and the SALES table is automatically accumulated with data from that particular OFFER.
    :
    : How to implement that in Access and Visual Basic 6? Any Ideas?
    :

------------------------------------------
    Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    the universe. A. Einstein