Plugin-detection that works in ALL browsers (or most..)

[b][red]This message was edited by locodude at 2006-8-31 2:40:21[/red][/b][hr]
Since the dominant browser Internet Exploder doesn't support the navigator.plugins-array properly detecting your visitors plugins is a huge pain in the ass.
I'm looking for input and tips on a way to detect plugins in a way that works in most browsers, most importantly MSIE (on both Windows and Mac), Safari (on Mac :-)) and Mozilla Firefox (on Windows, Linux and Mac).
If anybody is interested the detection is to be used in a statistics-thingie and not for redirection or anything like that. Typical manager-bullshit, they just love their dumbass statistics, numbers and charts don't they ;-P
----
"codito, ergo sum"

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by locodude at 2006-8-31 2:40:21[/red][/b][hr]
    : Since the dominant browser Internet Exploder doesn't support the navigator.plugins-array properly detecting your visitors plugins is a huge pain in the ass.
    : I'm looking for input and tips on a way to detect plugins in a way that works in most browsers, most importantly MSIE (on both Windows and Mac), Safari (on Mac :-)) and Mozilla Firefox (on Windows, Linux and Mac).
    : If anybody is interested the detection is to be used in a statistics-thingie and not for redirection or anything like that. Typical manager-bullshit, they just love their dumbass statistics, numbers and charts don't they ;-P
    : ----
    : "codito, ergo sum"
    :
    :
    :

I don't think you'd be able to do anything with MSIE in terms of detecting plugins, not with Javascript anyway. You'd have to use something like ActiveX or it may even be impossible.

-( Aaron )-
    "Pain doesn't hurt, if it's all you've ever felt."