sound - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

sound

com123com123 Posts: 26Member
hi

i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.

but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?

because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : hi
    :
    : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    :
    : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    :
    : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    :
    : any help is greatly appreciated.
    :
    :
    Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
  • com123com123 Posts: 26Member
    : : hi
    : :
    : : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    : : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    : : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    : : any help is greatly appreciated.
    : Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
    :
    I would like to stay away from frames, do you know any other way to do it. If not, thank you I appreciate the help.
  • CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : : : hi
    : : :
    : : : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    : : : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    : : : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : : : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    : : : any help is greatly appreciated.
    : : Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
    : I would like to stay away from frames, do you know any other way to do it. If not, thank you I appreciate the help.
    :
    My first idea would be frames as well, however it is possible to make tha page change without reloading it... the AJAX method does not require XML. put the content in layers or DIV tags ... give them a name or id ... then use the innerHTML method to replace that code when the user clicks a link. Just make sure you dont't change the section with the media file
    [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss

: : : : hi
    : : : :
    : : : : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    : : : : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    : : : : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : : : : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    : : : : any help is greatly appreciated.
    : : : Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
    : : I would like to stay away from frames, do you know any other way to do it. If not, thank you I appreciate the help.
    : My first idea would be frames as well, however it is possible to make tha page change without reloading it... the AJAX method does not require XML. put the content in layers or DIV tags ... give them a name or id ... then use the innerHTML method to replace that code when the user clicks a link. Just make sure you dont't change the section with the media file
    : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    :
    :
    i think i understand what your saying. i hope i'm not asking to much but can you give me an example. if it is to much, i'll work with it and figure it out. thank you very much for the help. :)

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : : : : : hi
    : : : : :
    : : : : : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    : : : : : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    : : : : : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : : : : : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    : : : : : any help is greatly appreciated.
    : : : : Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
    : : : I would like to stay away from frames, do you know any other way to do it. If not, thank you I appreciate the help.
    : : My first idea would be frames as well, however it is possible to make tha page change without reloading it... the AJAX method does not require XML. put the content in layers or DIV tags ... give them a name or id ... then use the innerHTML method to replace that code when the user clicks a link. Just make sure you dont't change the section with the media file
    : : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    : i think i understand what your saying. i hope i'm not asking to much but can you give me an example. if it is to much, i'll work with it and figure it out. thank you very much for the help. :)
    :
    :
    :
    Here is the JScript I made:[code]
    function DisplayPost(value) // the value is what is on the button
    {
    displayIt += value; // adds(concaterate) the string as buttons are pressed

document.all.displayScreen.innerHTML = displayIt; // physically puts the string in the calculator display
    }[/code]Make sure your datatypes are string.
    : : : : : : hi
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : i know how to embed sound files and how to make them into background sound.
    : : : : : : but what i want to know is how do i have the sound continue to play through out the site?
    : : : : : : because what i noticed is when a viewer clicks on a different page on your site the sound starts to play from the beginning.
    : : : : : : can anyone tell me how to have it continue to play as a viewer goes to other pages on your site?
    : : : : : : any help is greatly appreciated.
    : : : : : Try embedding the sound in an invisible frame. That way if the user opens another page, the sound won't be reloaded.
    : : : : I would like to stay away from frames, do you know any other way to do it. If not, thank you I appreciate the help.
    : : : My first idea would be frames as well, however it is possible to make tha page change without reloading it... the AJAX method does not require XML. put the content in layers or DIV tags ... give them a name or id ... then use the innerHTML method to replace that code when the user clicks a link. Just make sure you dont't change the section with the media file
    : : : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : : : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    : : i think i understand what your saying. i hope i'm not asking to much but can you give me an example. if it is to much, i'll work with it and figure it out. thank you very much for the help. :)
    : Here is the JScript I made:[code]
    : function DisplayPost(value) // the value is what is on the button
    : {
    : displayIt += value; // adds(concaterate) the string as buttons are pressed
    :
    : document.all.displayScreen.innerHTML = displayIt; // physically puts the string in the calculator display
    : }[/code]Make sure your datatypes are string.
    :
    thanks a lot i got it.