Sending an Email at defined times. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Sending an Email at defined times.

I have a project where I want an email to be sent at a certain time, say 10 PM every night if there are new hits to my site. The email will be only going to my email address. does any one know of a way to do this??

Thanks
CP

Comments

• TheB18TheB18 Posts: 104Member
    You might just write a simple VB-application, as a (kind of) Windows-service. At 10 PM it gathers all the statistics out of your database, and then the VB-app will send that information by e-mail to you.

But if you don't host your own website, I guess you 'll have to find another way, because your provider will not allow this.
  • wshriverwshriver Posts: 1Member
    : I have a project where I want an email to be sent at a certain time, say 10 PM every night if there are new hits to my site. The email will be only going to my email address. does any one know of a way to do this??
    :
    : Thanks
    : CP
    :
    :