Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Redrawing and keeping objects

brane84brane84 Posts: 2Member
Hi !!
I'm a student with some experience on the drawing in Delphi 2005 and VB.NET. My curent project is to make something that would look like Microsoft Paint. My main problem is redrawing, drawing ghost images. For example if I constantly redraw on mousemove events to show the dimensions of new object I wil lose any previous objects drawn on the surface. Can someone give me any kind of help? It does not have to be a solution, just a some kind of global explanation of how could it be done (redrawing a form and not loosing drawn objects). I could also use some hyperlink if someone could direct me.
Thanks.
Cheers!

Comments

• brane84brane84 Posts: 2Member
    : Hi !!
    : I'm a student with some experience on the drawing in Delphi 2005 and VB.NET. My curent project is to make something that would look like Microsoft Paint. My main problem is redrawing, drawing ghost images. For example if I constantly redraw on mousemove events to show the dimensions of new object I wil lose any previous objects drawn on the surface. Can someone give me any kind of help? It does not have to be a solution, just a some kind of global explanation of how could it be done (redrawing a form and not loosing drawn objects). I could also use some hyperlink if someone could direct me.
    : Thanks.
    : Cheers!
    :

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2006-10-9 1:39:10[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi !!
    : I'm a student with some experience on the drawing in Delphi 2005 and VB.NET. My curent project is to make something that would look like Microsoft Paint. My main problem is redrawing, drawing ghost images. For example if I constantly redraw on mousemove events to show the dimensions of new object I wil lose any previous objects drawn on the surface. Can someone give me any kind of help? It does not have to be a solution, just a some kind of global explanation of how could it be done (redrawing a form and not loosing drawn objects). I could also use some hyperlink if someone could direct me.
    : Thanks.
    : Cheers!

======================================================================
    Hi,

See this link.>>
    It mentions that a FORM is redrawn if dragged or resized.>>

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwindowsformscontrolclassonpainttopic.asp

Someone on an MSDN forum mentioned it to me after i posted my graphics-demo code.

Regards,

Dr M.