Cloning an Entire Disk in C# - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Cloning an Entire Disk in C#

grahamboylegrahamboyle Posts: 1Member
Hi I have just finished college and am wondering if anybody can give me some help about creating a program that will make an exact copy of a Drive within a Computer (IE C:)

(similar to norton ghost)

I have some experiance using C# and was wondering could anybody point me in the right direction as where I can read up on doing this with C#

Ideally Id like to be able to make copies over a network and be able to deploy them to wipped machines.

anybody got any ideas on how to do this?

Graham

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    : Hi I have just finished college and am wondering if anybody can give me some help about creating a program that will make an exact copy of a Drive within a Computer (IE C:)
    :
    : (similar to norton ghost)
    :
    : I have some experiance using C# and was wondering could anybody point me in the right direction as where I can read up on doing this with C#
    :
    : Ideally Id like to be able to make copies over a network and be able to deploy them to wipped machines.
    :
    : anybody got any ideas on how to do this?
    :
    : Graham

Hmmm, no idea, but it sounds dangerous.
    C# needs the .Net framework, the .Net framework needs Windows and Windows needs to modify the filesystem constantly. I don't think that this will make C# a great tool to perform such a low level task.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    http://www.gvh-maatwerk.nl