Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What do I need...

kern68kern68 Member Posts: 85
I am planning on broadening my horizens by learning VB, but first I have a question about some requirements. The book I purchased says that I need Visual Studio installed to write VB applications. What is the difference between Visual Studio and the VB editors that come with Excel or Access?

TIA,
George

Comments

• Termc1224Termc1224 Member Posts: 84
    : I am planning on broadening my horizens by learning VB, but first I have a question about some requirements. The book I purchased says that I need Visual Studio installed to write VB applications. What is the difference between Visual Studio and the VB editors that come with Excel or Access?
    :
    : TIA,
    : George
    :
    if u get a visual studio, then you'll have a full tools and feature of visual basic and its far from what u can use in the office access and excel.
  • DrMartenDrMarten Member Posts: 748
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2006-8-9 12:6:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am planning on broadening my horizens by learning VB, but first I have a question about some requirements. The book I purchased says that I need Visual Studio installed to write VB applications. What is the difference between Visual Studio and the VB editors that come with Excel or Access?
    :
    : I am new to BASIC. I need to do some BASIC programming for my new project. I am looking at a starting point for me to get my feet wet. Please suggest reading. Also I read that I can download the software from this website but I could not find it. If someone can send me links to it, I would greatly appreciate it.
    :
    : Thank you
    : Sushma

Hi,

VisualBasic in Access and Excel is known as VBA or>>
    [red][b]V[/b][/red]isual
    [red][b]B[/b][/red]asic for
    [red][b]A[/b][/red]pplications.

It is like VB6 (Visual Basic version 6) in syntax but has
    custom commands for ACCESS or EXCEL as appropriate.

Try the links i have posted in this answer, mainly the links you get after you click the last link, one of them gives the links for
    [b][blue]TWO FREE DOWNLOADS
    1) JustBasic and
    2) Visual Basic Express edition >>

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=14&MsgID=342325&Setting=A9999F0001

Regards,

Dr M.

• softrickssoftricks Member Posts: 24
    :
    :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi friend,
    with Visual studio you can build full application with VB but, VB with Access or Excel is called VBA(visual basic for Applications) so you can use it only with office applications to do sofisticated operations such as with access.
    you can find more details that you must know before begin with your book www.softricks.5u.com