Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

"Shadowing" a DLL on WM5

I'm writing a utility for WM 5 that is basically an installer utility to eliminate .cab files. It takes as input a directory containing possibly:

.exe
.dll files
and a . reg file

It read the .reg file and applies the registry settings in it, and then it copies the files to the proper folder.

My question is this. Why trying to copy a dll file to /Windows on the device, if the DLL already exists, I know there is a way to "shadow" copy the file so that the new DLL is used when the device is reset. Can anyone point me to an API to do this, or give me some advice? Thanks,

Suneet