Screenscraper software, where to start? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Screenscraper software, where to start?

stokefanstokefan Posts: 60Member
Hi all,

I would like to start creating a program which compares prices for things from different for which the prices are rapidly changing. The things I'm after are odds for sporting events at different bookmakers. (e.g. football, horse racing etc)

My preferred language is ASP.net, but I think this can be done in standard VB6.

I think I'll want to match a page for a regular expression and put it in a database, then compare the values in the database for an output for myself.

My question is how would you begin to grab certain values from a screen please? Any ideas welcome :)