Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Porting RTOS

baronajaybaronajay Posts: 1Member
can we port an RTOS and embedded c code in the same chip? what exactly is the tasks referred in RTOS(VxWorks). IS a task in VxWorks an embedded c code? Is the RTOS just used for maintaining the time constraints of processor? Where exactly is the RTOS loaded in real time project (in target board or host system or control room system etc ) and how is it useful? Kindly do reply to these queries if u know it. I am facing problems as i am into an embedded project dealing with QNX rtos for my company.

Comments

• sandyARMsandyARM Posts: 9Member
    : can we port an RTOS and embedded c code in the same chip? what exactly is the tasks referred in RTOS(VxWorks). IS a task in VxWorks an embedded c code? Is the RTOS just used for maintaining the time constraints of processor? Where exactly is the RTOS loaded in real time project (in target board or host system or control room system etc ) and how is it useful? Kindly do reply to these queries if u know it. I am facing problems as i am into an embedded project dealing with QNX rtos for my company.
    :

porting is a big word. an RTOS runs on a new processor from a RAM / FLASH. basic functionality of an RTOS is task scheduling. tasks are nothing but C functions ( infinite while loops ...). usually you provide all the interrupt handlers depending on the processor vector etc.Well a board support package ( analogus to HAL and BIOS in windows) can be there ontop of which you need to port the RTOS.

more or less its all similar.