Refreshing specific frames - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Refreshing specific frames

Vamlire WVamlire W Posts: 2Member
Hi all,
I'm in a group creating a simple login system. We did all the DB back end stuff and the login process but we are having problems with the logout. The logout works but the main page needs to be refreshed or redirected. Is there a specific instruction for redirecting a specific frame in a page or not?

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : Hi all,
    : I'm in a group creating a simple login system. We did all the DB back end stuff and the login process but we are having problems with the logout. The logout works but the main page needs to be refreshed or redirected. Is there a specific instruction for redirecting a specific frame in a page or not?
    :
    :

You can use the header() function to redirect pages, but it must be called before the header for the page has been sent. It is used something like: header('Location: page_to_go_to.php');

Here's a link:
    http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

Regards,

Isaac

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"

• Vamlire WVamlire W Posts: 2Member
    Thanks Isaac

I've been using header() function, but in the wrong. Thanks a lot.

Vampire W

: : Hi all,
    : : I'm in a group creating a simple login system. We did all the DB back end stuff and the login process but we are having problems with the logout. The logout works but the main page needs to be refreshed or redirected. Is there a specific instruction for redirecting a specific frame in a page or not?
    : :
    : :
    :
    : You can use the header() function to redirect pages, but it must be called before the header for the page has been sent. It is used something like: header('Location: page_to_go_to.php');
    :
    : Here's a link:
    : http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : Isaac
    :
    : "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"
    :
    :