CSS float: right; - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

CSS float: right;

Garrett85Garrett85 Posts: 168Member
Could someone please visit my website www.ggaston.com and tell my why float: right; is not working on my logo in the top right corner of the page. If the brower is resized or viewed on a small screen the text should wrap around the image, but unfortunaly it does not. I have provided both the CSS and HTML code by way of links on the homepage.

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : Could someone please visit my website www.ggaston.com and tell my why float: right; is not working on my logo in the top right corner of the page. If the brower is resized or viewed on a small screen the text should wrap around the image, but unfortunaly it does not. I have provided both the CSS and HTML code by way of links on the homepage.
    :
    :
    I'm not a someone, just a no one, but I know what is wrong with the page.

I wouldn't change it though, it looks great!!

The problem has to do with the CSS position property.
    [code]
    position: absolute;
    [/code]
    should be
    [code]
    position: relative;
    [/code]
    there is also a table attribute that goes:
    [code]
    BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse;
    [/code]

Since W3schools.com has gone abstract on us, I have strayed away from development; if you know a good site for tutorial and definitions, let me know. Good Luck

[green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss

• Garrett85Garrett85 Posts: 168Member
    : : Could someone please visit my website www.ggaston.com and tell my why float: right; is not working on my logo in the top right corner of the page. If the brower is resized or viewed on a small screen the text should wrap around the image, but unfortunaly it does not. I have provided both the CSS and HTML code by way of links on the homepage.
    : :
    : :
    : I'm not a someone, just a no one, but I know what is wrong with the page.
    :
    : I wouldn't change it though, it looks great!!
    :
    : The problem has to do with the CSS position property.
    : [code]
    : position: absolute;
    : [/code]
    : should be
    : position: relative;
    : there is also a table attribute that goes:
    : BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse;
    :
    : Since W3schools.com has gone abstract on us, I have strayed away from development; if you know a good site for tutorial and definitions, let me know. Good Luck
    :
    : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    :
    : Thanks WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get