Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Hiding cursor and mouse in Virtual Pascal Win32?

PP2005PP2005 Posts: 111Member
I'm currently porting a DOS textmode game to Win32 using Virtual Pascal. In the DOS version of the game I've used the CURSOFF function in the TSUNTE unit. This doesn't work when I compile it for Win32. I've found that both the VPUTIL and OPCRT units contain HideCursor and HideMouse units, but I've been unable to find these units -- I guess they can be downloaded from www.vpascal.com, but that site has been down for a while.

Anybody know where I can find these units, or any other way to hide the cursor and mouse?

Another question concerning Virtual Pascal: Does the standard Delay procedure in the Crt unit contain the infamous "Runtime Error 200" bug on faster computers, as is the case with Borland Pascal?

Comments

• AlcatizAlcatiz Posts: 51Member
    : I'm currently porting a DOS textmode game to Win32 using Virtual Pascal. In the DOS version of the game I've used the CURSOFF function in the TSUNTE unit. This doesn't work when I compile it for Win32. I've found that both the VPUTIL and OPCRT units contain HideCursor and HideMouse units, but I've been unable to find these units -- I guess they can be downloaded from www.vpascal.com, but that site has been down for a while.
    :
    : Anybody know where I can find these units, or any other way to hide the cursor and mouse?
    :
    : Another question concerning Virtual Pascal: Does the standard Delay procedure in the Crt unit contain the infamous "Runtime Error 200" bug on faster computers, as is the case with Borland Pascal?
    :

Hi !

1. I don't have time to test it but a HideCursor procedure exists in the VPUtils unit - and in the WinCRT unit but I don't know if you can use this unit instead of CRT ?

2. The Delay procedure of Virtual Pascal's CRT unit uses a completely different technique from the Turbo Pascal's one. This bug doesn't exist any more.

Hope this helps you ?
  • PP2005PP2005 Posts: 111Member
    : Hi !
    :
    : 1. I don't have time to test it but a HideCursor procedure exists in the VPUtils unit - and in the WinCRT unit but I don't know if you can use this unit instead of CRT ?
    :
    : 2. The Delay procedure of Virtual Pascal's CRT unit uses a completely different technique from the Turbo Pascal's one. This bug doesn't exist any more.
    :
    : Hope this helps you ?

1. Do you know where I can get the VPUtils unit? I've been googling and looking for it for some time and haven't been able to find it...

2. That's good to know. :o)
    : 1. Do you know where I can get the VPUtils unit? I've been googling and looking for it for some time and haven't been able to find it...
    :
    : 2. That's good to know. :o)
    :

Ok, I feel kinda stupid. The VPUtils unit is of course included in the Virtual Pascal I downloaded. :o)

: Ok, I feel kinda stupid. The VPUtils unit is of course included in the Virtual Pascal I downloaded. :o)
    :

The OpMouse unit with the HideMouse procedure isn't, however. Anybody know where I can get it? I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the net... :o(