Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

theRock Open Source Game Engine

[b][red]This message was edited by TheNox at 2006-7-3 23:26:59[/red][/b][hr]
[b]theRock Open Source Game Engine[/b]

[b]New Era Games[/b]

[b]Project:[/b]
theRock

theRock is an open source game engine built on multiple frameworks. More specifically theRock uses the following API's

Ogre
Newton
OpenAL

theRock is aimed at independent developers that would like to make real time 3d games. The engine is open source (under the GNU LGPL) and is aimed to be cross platform (Debian, Fedora, OSX, Win2k/xp).

[b]Compensation:[/b]
This is an open source project, the only compensation offered is recognition for your work.

[b]Technology:[/b]
theRock is written in C++ and is aimed to run on the following systems:
Debian
Fedora
OSX
Windows 2K/XP

Currently the rock is built on multiple frameworks and offers the same rendering capabilities found in the Ogre rendering engine. This includes things like multi-pass rendering, shaders support (HLSL, and Nvidia CG), skeleton animation, mesh deformations, terrain generation, terrain paging, and much more. Newton gives the engine collision detection, rigid body support, and supports a number of joint techniques (hinge, slider, ball & socket, universal, etc...)

[b]Talent needed:[/b]
I am looking for programmers that have some solid experience programming games. This project is at a very early stage (currently working on 0.1). I don't have time to train anyone but in general I'm looking for people who have experience with engine programming. Experience including the following would also be desirable.

Physics programming
Collision Detection
Network programming
Render Programming

Programmers should also have a solid understanding of common engine structures and what works/doesn't work with game logic.

Please only pursue this if you can dedicate time to it. I need people who will be serious, please don't waste my time.

[b]Team structure:[/b]
Currently the team is run by Rob Lane(Me)...yes I need help. I am the lead programmer and have been working on this project for about 2 years now. I write all the specifications, prototypes, test cases, and implement all the sub-systems.

[b]Website:[/b]
theRock engine specifications can be located on the developers wiki at
http://www.therock.negames.net/mediawiki

Contacts:
If you are interested in helping contact me at
rob@negames.net

You can also drop a line at the New Era Games forums in the recruitment board, found at
http://www.negames.net/yabb/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Recruitment

[b]Additional Info:[/b]
I've completed the following:

Base engine kernel
Logger
Settings
Component Object Manager
Basic Physics Manager
Basic Joint Manager
Basic Audio Manager
Input Manager

I plan to use this engine to create some great Indie video games!

[b]Feedback:[/b]
Positive only