Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

simple web service problem

Hi guys

Im trying to add a reference to a web service in my application, eveytime I attempt to do so I got the following message:

[italic]"The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web discovery. Click the Help button for more information."[/italic]

I went to internet option and enterered the IP address of my proxy server and put "80" in the port text box.

now when I try to reference a webservice in visual studio 2003, the webservice shows up and I can see its methods, but the add reference button is disabled and I get the following message:

[italic]There was an error downloading 'http://ws.strikeiron.com/DnBQuickCheck?WSDL'.
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.[/italic]

can anybody advise me how to resolve this, im new to visual studio so please keep it simple. Thanks very much