XML web service - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

XML web service

airwalkerairwalker Posts: 71Member
Im trying to add a reference to a web service in my application, eveytime I attempt to do so I get the following message:

"The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web discovery. Click the Help button for more information."

I went to internet option and enterered the IP address of my proxy server and put "80" in the port text box.

now when I try to reference a webservice in visual studio 2003, the webservice shows up and I can see its methods, but the add reference button is disabled and I get the following message:

[italic]There was an error downloading 'http://ws.strikeiron.com/DnBQuickCheck?WSDL'.
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.[/italic]

can anybody advise me how to resolve this, im new to visual studio so please keep it simple. Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Im trying to add a reference to a web service in my application, eveytime I attempt to do so I get the following message:
    :
    : "The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web discovery. Click the Help button for more information."
    :
    : I went to internet option and enterered the IP address of my proxy server and put "80" in the port text box.
    :
    : now when I try to reference a webservice in visual studio 2003, the webservice shows up and I can see its methods, but the add reference button is disabled and I get the following message:
    :
    : [italic]There was an error downloading 'http://ws.strikeiron.com/DnBQuickCheck?WSDL'.
    : The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.[/italic]
    :
    : can anybody advise me how to resolve this, im new to visual studio so please keep it simple. Thanks
    :
    I think this question is better placed at the VB, C++, C# board, since it has more to do with that, than the XML language.